A barrier to entry for some international markets can be international compliance testing.
To help defray the expense, Montana STEP grant provides partial reimbursement of the cost of the testing services.
Submit your application at least 30 days before the compliance testing service.
50% reimbursement of testing services fees, up to $3,000
Eligible Small Businesses
To be eligible for the Montana STEP grant, you must:
- have been in business for more than 1 year
- meet the SBA’s definition of a small business
- market products that are of U.S. origin or have at least 51% U.S. content
- show in the STEP application your understanding of the costs associated with exporting and doing business with foreign purchasers, including the costs of freight forwarding, customs brokers, packing and shipping, etc.
- agree to provide the program with export activities/results from the grant activities
- CE Marking
- CCC (China Compulsory Certification)
- UL (Underwriters Laboratory)
- CSA International (Canadian Standards Association)
- GOST -R
* To request eligibility consideration of other compliance tests, contact ExportMontana.
Any cost not directly related to international trade development and preapproved by this program.