Exporting could be the right next move for your business, and our STEP grant can help.The Montana STEP grant, funded in part by a grant from the U.S. Small Business Administration, helps new and experienced exporters with expanding in to new international markets. Exporters can get a 50% reimbursement of the cost of international marketing activities to help offset the risk of trying out new markets or new tactics.
Eligible Program Activities:
1. International Trade Show Exhibition – up to $10,000 reimbursement + up to $2,000 travel stipend
2. Language Translation Services & Production Fees – up to $3,000 reimbursement
3. U.S. Commercial Service Programs – up to $5,000 reimbursement + up to $2,000 travel stipend
4. International Compliance Testing – up to $3,000 reimbursement
5. Montana Online Global Program – up to $3,000 reimbursement
6. International Travel Stipend – up to $2,000 reimbursement
*Companies may receive up to $30,000 in STEP awards per year.
Cooperative Marketing Opportunities:
We organize these events and pay for most of the expenses. Let us know, and we’ll make sure you get the invitation.
- Montana Pavilion at Milipol, Paris, France, November 19-22, 2019: for security and defense companies who sell to law enforcement and military.
- Montana Pavilion at BuildEx, Vancouver, Canada, February 12-13, 2020: for building and construction products and services.
- Montana Pavilion at IWA Outdoor, Nuremberg, Germany, March 6-9, 2020: for guns/ammo and other outdoor products.
- Montana Pavilion at EWF, Munich Germany, March 28-29, 2020: a consumer show for fly-fishing products.
- Sales Mission to Africa, May 25-29, 2020, for companies who are interested in finding sales partners in Africa. We will work with a private contractor to set up customized mission itineraries for each participant.
Montana STEP grant is funded in part by a grant from the U.S. Small Business Administration.