HELENA, Mont. – The Montana Department of Commerce today announced that 12 communities across Montana will receive funding to support local economies in planning for sustainable business growth.
The communities will share $275,850 in funding through the Big Sky Economic Development Trust Fund (BSTF) Planning Grant Program for activities related to future economic planning, growth and development, such as feasibility studies.
“Communities across Montana are actively working to encourage long-term business growth, which in turn strengthens local economies and our state’s economy,” said Commerce Director Tara Rice. “This funding will support local economic development organizations as they look ahead and plan for sustainable growth.”
Funding through the BSTF Planning Program is awarded to assist business development planning efforts that promote long-term, stable economic growth in Montana. Funds go toward critical activities that move economic development projects forward.
The following communities will receive funding through the Big Sky Trust Fund Planning Program:
- Baker | Eastern Plains Economic Development Corporation will receive up to $23,978 to help the Eastern Montana Economic Development Authority complete a preliminary architectural report for a Fallon County childcare facility
- Billings | Big Sky Economic Development Authority will receive up to $24,300 to support Meadowlark Brewery, LLC in completing a feasibility study
- Crow Agency | Big Horn County will receive up to $25,000 to support Plenty Doors Community Development Corporation in completing a preliminary architectural report for a multi-use building
- Deer Lodge | Headwaters RC&D Area, Inc. will receive up to $27,000 to support the City of Deer Lodge in completing a community profile
- Fallon | Prairie County will receive up to $25,000 to complete a feasibility study and engineering services for Fallon Flats Irrigation
- Great Falls |The City of Great Falls will receive up to $11,300 to help Big Sky Country National Heritage Area, Inc. complete a business plan
- Havre | Bear Paw Development Corporation will receive up to $27,000 to assist Montana Premier Protein, LLC with a feasibility study
- Lewistown | Snowy Mountain Development Corporation will receive up to $16,200 to complete a childcare feasibility study
- Missoula | The Missoula Economic Partnership will receive up to $27,000 to support MonTEC in completing a feasibility study
- Pablo | Lake County Community Development Corporation will receive up to $27,000 to help Therma Wood Technologies LLC complete an engineering study and marketing analysis
- Polson | Lake County Community Development Corporation will receive up to $15,822 to help Vassallo Foods, Inc. (also known as Simply406) complete its phase III branding plan
- Whitehall | Headwaters RC&D Area, Inc. will receive up to $26,250 to help Jefferson Local Development Corporation complete the Sunlight Business Park meat processing framework plan
Learn more about the Big Sky Economic Development Trust Fund Planning Grant Program at BSTF.MT.GOV.