Joint Venture Marketing Program
Through the Joint Venture Marketing Program, the Montana Office of Tourism and Business Development (MOTBD) aims to provide Joint Venture Partners (JV Partners: regions, CVBs, TBIDs and tourism industry partners) with a variety of affordable joint venture advertising opportunities that leverage the state brand and resources.
The goal is to offer opportunities that shoulder up to MOTBD’s overall plan to make the entire state’s advertising stronger and more cohesive.
All Digital and Print Match options will be available to reserve on Mon. June 17, 2019. For Non-Match Opportunities, please review that information on the Non-Match Digital page. The deadline to participate in the VisaVue Research opportunity is August 15, 2019. In order to take advantage of Match Opportunities, JV Partner creative must be co-branded and approved by MOTBD.
Full details on the FY20 plan can be found in the pdf and webinar below.
FY20 Joint Venture Plan PDF
Why take advantage of joint venture advertising options?
By leveraging MOTBD's media buy, JV Partners are able to:
- Buy into opportunities at lower negotiated rates.
- Receive placements in premium positioning within premium content websites.
- Capitalize on consumer awareness built by the MOTBD to increase interest and bookings for the JV Partner's destination or business.
How does joint venture advertising work?
Joint venture ads appear among Montana brand ads for increased impact. While the Montana brand ads provide inspiration and answer the question, “Why Montana?,” joint venture ads have the opportunity to provide the answer to “Where/How Montana?”
MOTBD has identified three messaging tiers that follow the traveler's journey from inspiration to planning to booking. Tier 1, the State Level, provides inspiration and creates intrigue. Tier 2, the Regional/Town Level, provides a sense of location within Montana. Tier 3, the Business/Resort Level, promotes actionable items such as booking.
TIER 1: INSPIRATION
The State Level provides inspiration and creates intrigue.
TIER 2: ORIENTATION
The Regional/Town Level provides a sense of location within Montana.
TIER 3: FACILITATION
The Business/Resort Level promotes booking.
It is important that the tiers work together. MOTBD creates interest and adds value to the regions and towns. Businesses and resorts further support the regions and towns message, closing the deal.
Advertising to the Canadian Market
All of the digital Match Opportunities offer the option to market to Canadian markets. This will be discussed on kick-off calls once campaigns are secured, but please reach out with questions.
Other Benefits and Notes
With Match Opportunities, JV Partners have the option to work with MOTBD’s Agency of Record, Hoffman York, to utilize their resources. For more information or assistance with developing match creative, please reach out to Kristina Kleinschmidt at Hoffman York who will work with you to set up a kick off call to discuss asset deliverables.
Kristina Kleinschmidt, Hoffman York
For creative related to non-match placements, please contact the media vendor directly regarding any creative questions
Agency Service Assumptions and Restrictions for Media & Reporting
- All campaigns will run in accordance with the IAB Standard Terms and Conditions version 3.
- Pursuant to the IAB Standard Terms and Conditions, notice to cancel must be provided in writing to Nick Johnson (firstname.lastname@example.org) and Kristina Kleinschmidt (email@example.com) 14 days prior to effective cancellation date.
- Billing will be based on 3rd party audited impressions provided by Sizmek for match campaigns where Hoffman York (HY) is using Sizmek on JV Partners behalf. This stipulation must be included on both the HY signed Insertion Order (IO) and the JV Partner signed IO with the vendor.
- All match opportunities must first be secured with the vendor by HY. HY will submit half of the IO to the vendor, purchasing the State's portion, and then the vendor will mimic the IO parameters and send directly to the JV Partner to secure the second mirrored half of the buy. Each JV Partner is responsible for reviewing the vendor’s IO including, but not limited to, geo-targeting (if specified), total cost and terms of payment. Any requests or changes pertaining to a media schedule need to be routed through
Nick Johnson (firstname.lastname@example.org) and Kristina Kleinschmidt (email@example.com) at HY. HY will update IO to inform vendor and vendor will share updated IO parameters with JV Partner.
- For match programs, HY is happy to assist with coordinating geo-targeting specifications with the vendor and to include these parameters on the IO. A minimum of 10-business days written email notice must be provided for all geo-requests. However, please keep in mind (even though vendors may accommodate custom geo-parameters such as radiuses) HY reporting will include geo-verification down to a National, State or DMA level due to the standard limitations of 3rd party verification tools.
- HY will provide monthly 3rd party audited reporting to each JV Partner. Reports will be submitted 1-2 weeks post month and include Impressions, Clicks, Click-Thru Rate, Percent Delivered and Impressions within audited Geography. Any additional reporting needs or ongoing metric requests (e.g. Versatag, conversions etc.) will be on a case-by-case basis and potentially subject to additional fees. Please see sample report below.