Grants for Exporters
The State Trade Expansion Program (STEP) is a Federal grant administered by ExportMontana. Eligible activities, grant amounts, and cost share rates per activity are as follows:
1. International Trade Show Exhibition – 75% reimbursement up to $10,000 and up to $2,000 travel stipend
2. Market Research & U.S. Commercial Service Programs – 75% reimbursement up to $5,000 and up to $2,000 travel stipend
3. International Compliance Testing & International Intellectual Property Protection – 75% reimbursement up to $6,000
4. e-Commerce & Website Fees – 75% reimbursement up to $10,000
5. Digital Marketing – 75% reimbursement up to $6,000
6. International Travel Stipend – 100% reimbursement up to $2,000
*Companies may receive up to $30,000 in STEP awards per year.
Click here to watch ExportMontana's webinar How to Leverage Grant Funds for International Marketing to learn about all our programs and hear from Montana businesses that have used these grants to expand their international sales.
Trade Show Assistance Program
Grants are also available to help your business attend domestic shows. The TSAP program can provide 50% reimbursement, up to $3000, plus a $500 travel stipend. Visit the TSAP page to learn more.