Funds are available the following entities, applying on behalf of an eligible business:
- Certified Regional Development Corporations (CRDC), for projects located within a CRDC region;
- Local or Tribal governments;
- Other economic development organizations, which are located in a county that is not part of a CRDC region and have been approved by the Department as meeting program eligibility requirements.
Planning funding is awarded for economic development planning activities in Montana for the following activities:
- support for business improvement districts;
- central business district redevelopment;
- industrial development;
- feasibility studies;
- creation and maintenance of baseline community profiles;
- matching funds for federal funds;
- preproduction costs for film or media; and
- administrative expenses.
Typically no more than $27,000 per application.
Local participation, commitment or local buy-in is one of the ranking criteria. Typically projects have been providing a $1 for $1 match to show the local commitment. In-kind conributions are not considered match.