When applying for our STEP grant for exhibiting at an international trade show or traveling to a foreign market for a US Commercial Service Program, you are also eligible to apply for an International Travel Stipend, up to $2,000.
Submit your application at least 30 days before starting the program.
- For travel within the U.S., reimbursement up to $500 of travel expenses
- For travel outside the U.S., up to $2,000 of travel expenses
Eligible Small Businesses
To be eligible for the Montana STEP grant, you must:
- have been in business for more than 1 year
- meet the SBA’s definition of a small business
- market products that are of U.S. origin or have at least 51% U.S. content
- show in the STEP application your understanding of the costs associated with exporting and doing business with foreign purchasers, including the costs of freight forwarding, customs brokers, packing and shipping, etc.
- agree to provide the program with export activities/results from the grant activities
* To request eligibility consideration of other online expenses, contact ExportMontana.
Any cost not directly related to international trade development and preapproved by this program.