Indian Country Economic Development (ICED) Grant Program
The ICED Grant Program awards funds to projects that strengthen Montana’s economy through the development and enhancement of business opportunities on reservations, in tribal communities, and for Native American businesses. The grant program offers funding in these categories:
Applications are accepted online according to the following schedules for each grant category:
- IEF Small Business Grant: July 1, 2017 to September 29, 2017 and July 1, 2018 to September 28, 2018
- Tribal Business Planning Grant: July 1, 2017 to September 29, 2017 and July 1, 2018 to September 28, 2018
- Native American Business Advisors (NABA) Grant: May 19, 2017 to June 30, 2017
Download biennial 2018-2019 guidelines for each of the grant programs.
Fiscal Year 2017 Indian Country Program Grants Awarded
Eligible Applicants for each of the funding categories:
IEF Small Business Grant
Enrolled members of federally recognized tribes based in Montana and enrolled members of the Little Shell Tribe residing in Montana.
Tribal Business Planning Grant
The governing bodies of each of the eight tribal governments in Montana:
- Blackfeet Tribe
- Chippewa Cree Tribe
- Confederated Salish & Kootenai Tribes
- Crow Tribe
- Fort Belknap Indian Community
- Fort Peck Assiniboine and Sioux Tribes
- Northern Cheyenne
- Little Shell Tribe
Native American Business Advisor
Native American development organizations that have offered technical assistance services to pre-venture and established Native American businesses in Montana. Those organizations that have been awarded NABA grants in the past must either demonstrate a history of submitting timely reports and meeting required performance targets or provide a detailed plan demonstrating a commitment to meeting reporting, capacity building, and performance targets.
Application to each of the programs can be made by clicking on the 'Click Here to Submit' link below: