The Montana District Export Council (DEC) is a volunteer organization drawn from Montana State businesses, governmental agencies and non-profits. The members have in-depth knowledge and experience in international business and are available as a unique source of professional advice to help other Montana firms compete and win business in the international marketplace.
Montana DEC Vision
To be a prime mover and recognized state leader in support of the international business community and US Department of Commerce (USDOC) efforts to increase export competitiveness and competency; and help more Montana businesses enter, broaden and expand global markets.
Montana DEC Mission
The Montana DEC will contribute leadership, expertise, advocacy, advice, and support to serve Montana’s international business community and work with USDOC’s export training and assistance programs, in collaboration with the US Commercial Service - Montana and other public and private organizations and partners. The Montana DEC will accomplish its mission primarily by initiating and/or supporting collaborative efforts to:
- Promote awareness and benefits of international trade for businesses, workers, job-creators, education, and the economy.
- Counsel and train regional businesses on how to export, best export practices, and export assistance resources.
- Organize, co-sponsor and support trade-related conferences, workshops and other educational and networking opportunities.
- Disseminate Web-based and other information about industry-and market-specific trade potentials and opportunities.
- Advocate for policies, laws and regulations that encourage exports, reduce trade barriers, and promote global trade.